Uploading Video (and Audio, Images, and PDFs)
Uploading Video, Audio, Image, or PDF files to WeVu
You start by recording the video (or capturing other file types) on your phone, camera, or computer webcam (note our “Suggestions…” at the end of this guide).
Once you have the file on your computer, tablet, or phone, you can login to WeVu on a browser to upload the media file. Or you can upload directly from a phone.
This article has separate instructions for Desktop and for Phone.
Before you begin, you’ll want to know where you want to put the uploaded file
Upload from PHONE / MOBILE INTERFACE
(for desktop/laptop see below)
All in one step
- First, ensure you are on WiFi, not mobile data. If the video is long and therefore a large file, you will want to be on a very solid, fast network connection.
- Click on the mobile menu at top right. Choose the second option, with the plus sign in a video camera as the icon.
Or in the bottom right corner there’s a circle with an upload icon.
- Go from top to bottom selecting and filling in the boxes.
- First, you may be a member of multiple sites or courses, so make sure you’re submitting to the right one by choosing in the top box.
- The second box is where you specify which playlist, group, or assignment you want to share the video with. Or you may just be uploading into your private area, sharing with no-one.
- Give the file an informative title.
- You may or may not want to replace the default description.
- Then click the button that says UPLOAD or RECORD.
- Your device will probably give you options to go to the camera to record or into your files to find the file. You’ll almost always want to choose files. Then you’ll have to find the video /audio/image/pdf file however your phone organizes files. If it’s video or image, you may be able to click on videos or images in your file listing and sort by most recent.
- Once you click on the file, the upload starts.
A spinning wheel and a yellow bar will appear indicating that the video is uploading. Do not to close the browser or press the back button. You may use another browser window or go to another application to do other things while this is uploading, as long as your device doesn’t go to sleep.
- Once the file is finished uploading you will get a success notification, but as it is being processed, it will not be viewable for a minute or two.
- You’re done. You can go to the main screen (use the top right hamburger menu to get there) and check that the file you uploaded is in the right place. (Look in the Playlist area).
Upload from DESKTOP / LAPTOP INTERFACE
STEP 1: UPLOAD the media file (video, image, etc) to WeVu
- Click on UPLOAD from the left menu bar.
- Choose whether to upload from your computer, import from YouTube, Dropbox, or a server.
- Beside that, choose how you want to share the file — not at all (private), to everyone in the site, or to specific playists, users, or groups.
- Click the CHOOSE FILE button and browse for the file in your computer or device.
- Click UPLOAD
A spinning wheel and a yellow bar will appear indicating that the file is uploading. Do not to close the browser or press the back button. You may use another browser window or go to another application in another window to do other things while this is uploading, as long as your computer doesn’t go to sleep. Once the video is finished uploading, it will appear in your list of videos, but as it is being processed, it will not be viewable for a minute or two.
- Once the upload is complete, you should get a message with a green bar. You will automatically be taken to the Private Videos tab and the video you just uploaded will be at the top of that list.
STEP 2: If you want to change who can see the file.
If you kept the file private it’ll be in your “My Private Media” tab. If you set sharing on the upload screen it’ll be in the “Shared Media” tab.
To change the sharing, from the media list in the Private or Shared tabs, click on the Share Status box in the middle of the media file’s row and select the appropriate sharing option you want from the list.
Check to ensure your video is uploaded and shared properly by going to Watch & Discuss from the menu.
See that the video appears in the correct place, by checking the top-centre dropdown list called “Playlists – Groups – Assignments”. If not, go back to Shared Videos and change the sharing setting.
Here’s a Video Tutorial on creating accounts and uploading assignments (mostly aimed at students)
Keywords: Hand in, Submit, Submitting, Assignment, Review