Handing in (Submitting) Videos and other Media to Assignments
You start by recording the video on your phone, camera, or computer webcam (see our Best Practices for Recording – opens in a new tab). Once you have the file on your computer, tablet, or phone, you can login to WeVu on a browser to upload the video. Then you hand it in by sharing it to the Assignment your instructor has specified.
Upload from PHONE / MOBILE INTERFACE
(for desktop/laptop see below)
All in one step
- First, ensure you are on WiFi, not mobile data. If the video is large, you will want to be on a very solid, fast network connection.
- Click on the mobile menu at top right. Choose the second option, with the plus sign in a video camera as the icon.
Or in the bottom right corner there’s a circle with an upload icon.
- Go from top to bottom selecting and filling in the boxes.
- First, you may be a member of multiple sites or courses, so make sure you’re submitting to the right one by choosing in the top box.
- The second box is where you specify which assignment you’re submitting to. Check carefully.
- Give the submission a title. Many instructors want you to put your Last name then First name then assignment name.
- You may or may not want to replace the default description.
- Then click the button that says UPLOAD or RECORD.
- Your device will probably give you options to go to the camera to record or into your files to find the file. You’ll almost always want to choose files. Then you’ll have to find the video however your phone organizes files. You may be able to click on videos and sort by most recent.
- Once you click on the file, the upload starts.
A spinning wheel and a yellow bar will appear indicating that the video is uploading. Do not to close the browser or press the back button. You may use another browser window or go to another application to do other things while this is uploading, as long as your device doesn’t go to sleep.
- Once the video is finished uploading you will get a success notification, but as it is being processed, it will not be viewable for a minute or two.
- You’re done. You can go to the main screen (use the top right hamburger menu to get there) and check that that video is in the right Assignment. (Look in the Playlist area).
Upload from DESKTOP / LAPTOP INTERFACE
STEP 1: UPLOAD the media file (video, image, etc) to WeVu
- Click on UPLOAD from the left menu bar.
- Click the CHOOSE FILE button and browse for the file in your computer or device
- Click UPLOAD
A spinning wheel and a yellow bar will appear indicating that the file is uploading. Do not to close the browser or press the back button. You may use another browser window or go to another application in another window to do other things while this is uploading, as long as your computer doesn’t go to sleep. Once the video is finished uploading, it will appear in your list of videos, but as it is being processed, it will not be viewable for a minute or two.
- Once the upload is complete, you should get a message with a green bar. You will automatically be taken to the Private Videos tab and the video you just uploaded will be at the top of that list.
STEP 2: Share it to the appropriate assignment
You will now see it in your “Private Videos” tab. By default, the video(s) you upload will only be visible to you until you assign it to a Site (Course), Group, user, or hand it in to an Assignment.
To hand it in to an Assignment, click on the “PRIVATE TO ME ONLY, CLICK TO SHARE” box and select the appropriate Assignment from the list.
Check to ensure your video is uploaded and shared properly by going to Watch & Discuss from the menu.
See that the video appears in the correct Assignment in the top-centre dropdown list. If not, go back to Shared Videos and change the sharing setting.
Here’s a Video Tutorial
Keywords: Hand in, Submit, Submitting, Assignment, Review